Cambridge IGCSE 0500/0990 Journal Writing Model Answer

 Hiya people☺


The following A* answer has been written by one of my students and has been edited by me for SPAG (Spelling Punctuation Accuracy Grammar), extraction of Content Points from the insert and usage of journal writing techniques. 

The question is from Cambridge IGCSE 0990 Paper 2 Reading  2019 May June Series. Feel Free to email me or post your comment below if you need links to the past papers or the mark schemes. I had posted the question and decoded it according to GAPSS in my last post, nevertheless. Please have a look at that too. 


Sample Response to Journal Writing: 


Monday, September 13th, 2121

Another habitual yet memorable day led to some deep thoughts at work, “Would planet Earth sustain a future with solitary wandering robots or would signs of social humans be reincarnated?” Again, I had to occupy myself with repetitive tedious, sore minified tasks, umm.., carrying buckets of stinky meat, sweeping long tiring paths, and taking care of my precious animals. Ahh! And Jumbo was dead stubborn today. Seldom, do I feel, “I regret putting a pin onto my job as a safari guide”? Being here is harder for a senile like me! But, there is always light in the face of darkness!  Just in time, a boy and his father emitted a signal of interest towards me. Not only that, but despite feeding the wild animals:  “Lavish Lion”, or “Terrific tigers”, these vintage animals made me feel connected and took the pain and sorrows off at least for the moment. 

Although the boy and the father were the only identical visitors that day, I was relieved that at least we had spectators. Back in those jolly old days, I remembered the now-stiff father as a kid being excited at the hiss of a snake. But his son had an impostor fit of a human body as he wasn’t natural: odd behaviour, weird nerdy expressions with a bizarre robotic DNA. Also, African lions went extinct in 2039, so he may not get to brace the majestic roar of the beast. Who knew there would be dead bloody-looking Rambo walking around the zoo? Well, it happened. Fortunately, AI Chips embedded in him is a learning processor, which helps him learn more.  As memories kept rewinding, the boy felt slightly connected to human emotions. Not sure if he wondered about my skin’s vibrant softness. 

Gone were the days you see, around a century ago, zoos used to be one of the calmest places to visit, being united with these animals was such a glory!  Fresh fragrant minty air felt like heaven. I am so scared to confess that  AI, Eugenics and Global Warming have enslaved us. Zoo visitors seem to be apathetic to the cloned creatures here; it’s disheartening. Despite cracking difficult long maths problems in seconds, the excitement and enthusiasm of meeting humans had vanished into thin air. As nostalgic as I am at the moment, my granny’s words echoed in my head, “ You will crave human touch in future”. Similarly, virtual zoo tours and holographic African lions seemed to cause more depression.  Life is full of surprises and unexpectedness, but I’m not waiting around because this man-made atmosphere is taking a toll on me. At least with retirement, I can live the life of my choice.



I am pasting some generic journal sentence starters for Cambridge IGCSE First Language English 0500/0990 paper 1/2. Do not forget to check that. Please note that the sentence starters will be used according to the context of the insert, i.e. mood of the journal writer. 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Model Interview Writing Answer Cambridge IGCSE First Language English 0500

CIE 0500 Journal Writing First Language English Techniques

Cambridge IGCSE 0500 Sample Answer for Report Writing First Language English